Snapchat’s new feature called 3D stickers has been available on Android for over a week but it only arrived on IOS yesterday. So what makes Snapchat’s new feature so much fun? Well, it allows you to pin emojis onto objects when you are filming a snap and have those emojis track the object in the video. Cue the influx of cat videos with some hilarious emoji faces.
Okay, so how do I do it?
1. Firstly, make sure that you have the latest snapchat update, it won’t work on older versions of the app.
2. Now you can get started. Start filming your video as normal. The magic happens after you have finished filming not before! Don’t be too hasty as you want a clear tracking point for your emoji. Just to note, you can speed the video up, slow it down and reverse it as normal.
3. Now once you are happy with your video, go to the top right hand corner of the page and click the icon that looks like a folded over piece of paper.
4. Scroll through the emojis and pick an awesome one! Here you can pinch and resize it as you please until you are ready to pin it.
5. Now tap and hold the emoji over the area you want to track, if successful the video will pause, now let go, and a white circle will appear around the area showing that snapchat is working away getting the emoji to track.
6. Boom now you have yourself a video with an emoji tracking its way around it. Sometimes it takes one or two go’s to get the hang of it buttttt once you have you can get really creative with it.
Now that you have trialled this new feature you might notice that you can use more than one emoji. Double, triple, even quadruple those emoji’s flying around your screen. Might look a little bit hectic but if you can make it work why not! What else? Well, these emoji’s know no boundaries. They can whizz on and off your screen so the object the emoji is tracking does not have to start in frame. Go on, get out there and have some fun with it, it’s oddly addictive. Update Over.